NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
We woke up this morning with the happy realization that the first annual National Jelly Roll Day had finally arrived. A banner day was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone here at RCQ and all our guests.
Now that the daylight has vanished from the Illinois prairie we can, with Moda Fabrics United Notions' permission, release the much anticipated #projectjellyroll patterns here for you as free downloads
A BIG thank you to Brigette Heiland of Zen Chic and Moda for providing these NSAJRD patterns.
To start you off - here is a little gift from RockingChairQuilts.com : A Jelly Roll Tip Card and pre-cut yardage chart for you to download and keep as a handy reference. If you are nearby and can come into the shop we will give you one when you buy a Jelly Roll (while supplies last)
jelly roll GIVEAWAY • congratulations to our 20 winners
Lisa Soderland Fitzgerald
Allison Church Bird
HERE ARE 10 IDEAS FOR JELLY ROLL STRIPS AND SCRAPS:
- Make strip sets for 9-patch blocks
- Make strip sets for 4-patch blocks
- Cut strips 4 1/2" long. Use with 2 1/2" squares (Moda Candy squares work great) to create scrappy Flying Geese blocks.
- Sew strips together for a scrappy back.
- Make "framed" 9-patch blocks (1 Jelly Roll strip is enough to frame a 6" finished 9-patch.
- Make a "coins" quilt using left over Jelly Roll pieces.
- Make Log Cabin blocks.
- Make piano key borders for a scrappy quilt.
- Make kitchen accessories: pot holders, place mats, mug rugs, or coasters.
- Make scrappy binding by cutting Jelly Roll strips into fourths and then sewing together as many pieces as needed for the length desired.
- ___________________________ Fill in # 11 with your own amazing JELLY ROLL TIP . Please enter your tip by commenting below:
HERE ARE YOUR FREE PATTERNS courtesy of zen chic and moda fabrics - HOO-RAY!
Post pictures of any Jelly Roll projects you are working on (or even the ones that you finish ) on Facebook , Instagram, Twitter. Use the #projectjellyroll to share your fun with everyone who enjoys a Moda Jelly Roll.
We enjoyed some yummy Jelly Roll themed snacks here at the quilt shop today. If you got too busy to stop by ( or just live somewhere else in the world ) we thought it would be nice to share the recipes here.
#projectjellyroll 2017 SNAPSHOT GALLERY
Thanks so much for your participation in the the big JR day, and thank you for reading my blog . Until we blog again, please take some time out to Enjoy the Sew!®
If you would like to receive an email when a new blog post is published you can sign up below: