WELCOME BACK TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD • WEEK 15 •
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE BE MY NEIGHBOR QUILT-A-LONG
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD FOLKS AT MODA FABRICS / UNITED NOTIONS
- VISIT OUR BLOG EACH MONDAY TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE BLUEPRINT AND BUILD YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.
- THERE'S A PICTURE OF THE COMPLETE QUILT WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE SETTING PATTERN AT THE END OF THIS BLOG POST.
- IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE PATTERNS FOR BLOCKS ONE THROUGH THIRTEEN YET, CLICK ON THE GREEN BADGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PATTERNS.
CLICK TO LIKE US☺
GIVEAWAYS & PRIZES
TIPS & TUTORIALS
LOADS OF OTHER QUILTY FUN!
Are you quilting along with us?
If you're building your neighborhood we want to see your blocks too. If you'll share a photo of your block with us each week you could win a prize. Read how below:
READ ABOUT THE PRIZES:
- Each Monday come here to our blog get your free downloadable blueprint .
- Stitch up your house block.
- Share a picture of that week's completed house block with us by the following Sunday at 12 Noon. Central Time (see below how to share a photo )
- We'll enter your name into a random drawing for a prize. Winner announced on the weekly Monday blog post along with the next pattern download.
- Every Monday we have started fresh with a NEW house blueprint to download and a NEW contest to enter. You can send a photo from anywhere. if your name is chosen as a weekly winner we can ship prizes all over the world to our international friends too! - We are a global neighborhood☺
- When the final week starts Monday DECEMBER 19 th the LAST contest for a new prize will begin, then end the following Sunday at Noon. AND THEN IT'S ALL DONE, sigh.
WAYS TO SHARE YOUR WEEKLY BLOCK PHOTO:
- send your photo in an email to me : Carol@RockingChairQuilts.com
- post your photo on our Facebook page- CLICK HERE to get to the Facebook page.
- Tweet a photo @makeaquilt or tag us in your tweet @MakeAQuilt
- Post your photo on Instagram and tag us # rockingchairquilts
- If you live nearby you can pop in during SHOP HOURS each week we'll take photo of your block for you.
PRIZE WINNER FROM WEEK 14
A RANDOM DRAWING WAS HELD AND THE WINNER FOR WEEK FOURTEEN IS:
CONGRATULATIONS DIANNA ! YOU HAVE WON A CHRISTMAS QUILT KIT , TITLED 'SUGAR', IT IS FRIVOL #10, FEATURING THE COOKIE EXCHANGE FABRIC BY SWEETWATER FOR MODA FABRICS
HERE'S THIS WEEK'S BLOCK:
BLOCK 15 : PAGODA HOUSE
NEIGHBORHOOD PHOTO GALLERY
UPLOADS OF BLOCK 15 FROM QUILT-A-LONG PARTICIPANTS
(you can click on each block to enlarge it)
A NEW WEEK HAS BEGUN AND WE HAVE A NEW PRIZE!
•THIS WEEKS GOODIES •
Winter Wonderland by Sherri Falls of This and That Pattern Company • AND • A Christmas Fat Quarter Bundle to get you started playing with some of the sweet Christmas block patterns in the festive book
Share a photo of Block #15 with us by Sunday , December 18th, and we'll add your name to the drawing for this prize ☺
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT
YOUR BE MY NEIGHBOR QUILT -FROM MODA:
- The finished quilt will measure 68″ x 84 1/2″.
- There are 16 blocks in the quilt top. The rows are separated by horizontal sashing strips.
- These are very scrappy blocks so exact yardage for a set number of fabrics has not been calculated. Mix your favorite Moda prints to create your colorful neighborhood!
16 House Blocks: Assorted Prints & Solids
Background and Sashing: 4 -1/2 yards
Borders: 1 – 1/4 yards
Binding: 2/3 yard
Backing: 4 – 3/4 yards
For a quilt using the same background for blocks, sashing and borders, you will need 5 – 3/4 yards total. For scrappy backgrounds, sashing and borders, allow for just a little bit more fabric.
SIGN UP HERE TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN A NEW BLOG POST IS PUBLISHED:
Thank you for reading! I have been enjoying the quilt a long immensely and wanted to extend my thanks and appreciation to everyone who has followed along - even if you haven't decided to share a picture - just knowing you're out there somewhere sewing along is also very gratifying . We are just about finished with Be My Neighbor , The final Block #16 is slated to drop next week - I hope some of you will then share a photo of your finished quilt ( here or anyplace on Social Media )when you get them put together .