WELCOME BACK TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD • WEEK 14 •
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE BE MY NEIGHBOR QUILT-A-LONG
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD FOLKS AT MODA FABRICS / UNITED NOTIONS
HEY NOW • hey now • HEY NOW
Be My Neighbor Quilt-A-Long week 13-FLIPAGRAM
- VISIT OUR BLOG EACH MONDAY TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE BLUEPRINT AND BUILD YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.
- THERE'S A PICTURE OF THE COMPLETE QUILT WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE SETTING PATTERN AT THE END OF THIS BLOG POST.
- IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE PATTERNS FOR BLOCKS ONE THROUGH THIRTEEN YET, CLICK ON THE GREEN BADGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PATTERNS.
CLICK TO LIKE US☺
TO SEE PICTURES & NEWS OF:
GIVEAWAYS & PRIZES
TIPS & TUTORIALS
LOADS OF OTHER QUILTY FUN!
Are you quilting along with us?
If you're building your neighborhood we want to see your blocks too. If you'll share a photo of your block with us each week you could win a prize. Read how below:
READ ABOUT THE PRIZES:
- Each Monday come here to our blog get your free downloadable blueprint .
- Stitch up your house block.
- Share a picture of that week's completed house block with us by the following Sunday at 12 Noon (see below how to share a photo )
- We'll enter your name into a random drawing for a prize. Winner announced on the weekly Monday blog post along with the next pattern download.
- Every Monday we'll start fresh with a NEW house blueprint to download and a NEW contest to enter. You can send a photo from anywhere. if your name is chosen as a weekly winner we can ship prizes all over the world to our international friends too! - We are a global neighborhood☺
- When the FIFTEENTH week starts Monday DECEMBER 12 th a new contest for a new prize will begin, then end the following Sunday at Noon, and sew on and sew forth, until the neighborhood is completed at week 16.
WAYS TO SHARE YOUR WEEKLY BLOCK PHOTO:
- send your photo in an email to me : Carol@RockingChairQuilts.com
- post your photo on our Facebook page- CLICK HERE to get to the Facebook page.
- Tweet a photo @makeaquilt or tag us in your tweet @MakeAQuilt
- Post your photo on Instagram and tag us # rockingchairquilts
- If you live nearby you can pop in during SHOP HOURS each week we'll take photo of your block for you.
PRIZE WINNER FROM WEEK 13
A RANDOM DRAWING WAS HELD AND THE WINNER FOR WEEK THIRTEEN IS:
CONGRATULATIONS debbie conner! YOU HAVE WON MINICK & SIMPSON'S'FAITHFUL' QUILT KIT AND YARDAGE FOR BACKING & BINDING FROM THE FEATURED COLLECTION. FRIVOL #2 FEATURES: •POLKA DOTS AND PAISLEYS FABRICS BY MINICK & SIMPSON•
HERE'S THIS WEEK'S BLOCK:
BLOCK 14 : BOAT
A NEW WEEK HAS BEGUN AND WE HAVE A NEW PRIZE!
•THIS WEEKS GOODIES •
just in time for the holiday season : a christmas quilt kit , this is 'sugar', frivol #10, featuring the cookie exchange fabric by sweetwater for moda fabrics
GET A PHOTO OF THIS WEEK'S HOUSE (BLOCK 14) TO ME BY SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11TH, AT 12 NOON , AND YOU'LL BE ENTERED FOR A CHANCE TO WIN THIS PRIZE
NEIGHBORHOOD PHOTO GALLERY
UPLOADS OF BLOCK 14 FROM QUILT-A-LONG PARTICIPANTS
(you can click on each block to enlarge it)
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT
YOUR BE MY NEIGHBOR QUILT -FROM MODA:
- The finished quilt will measure 68″ x 84 1/2″.
- There are 16 blocks in the quilt top. The rows are separated by horizontal sashing strips.
- These are very scrappy blocks so exact yardage for a set number of fabrics has not been calculated. Mix your favorite Moda prints to create your colorful neighborhood!
16 House Blocks: Assorted Prints & Solids
Background and Sashing: 4 -1/2 yards
Borders: 1 – 1/4 yards
Binding: 2/3 yard
Backing: 4 – 3/4 yards
For a quilt using the same background for blocks, sashing and borders, you will need 5 – 3/4 yards total. For scrappy backgrounds, sashing and borders, allow for just a little bit more fabric.
Only a couple of blocks to go and we'll have completed the Be My Neighbor Quilt A Long
Get your free pattern for Block 14 • get sewing • then get a photo of your Block to me by Sunday and you could win a nice prize!
Thanks for reading, You can use the comments area below to comment, or if you have any questions.