Sixteen weeks of sewing and sharing has gone spinning by sew quickly. Here is a wrap up of what's happening this week as we finish up our Quilt - A- Long:
- If you have your quilt put together please share a photo and we will post it here in our Quilt Gallery. See how to share a photo below
- Your quilt doesn't have to be quilted -later when the quilting gets finished you can send a another photo of it if you'd like.
- We had as many as 53 different quilters sharing block photos for this quilt along. AND....the highest number of pattern downloads in a given week was 836! Wow that was for block # 4, for most of the weeks we had a range of 400 to 700 patterns being downloaded from the blog posts. That is a LOT of neighborhoods.
- Our final prize winner for those sharing a photo of Block #16 has been selected in a random drawing. Congratulations to Susan Garofalo!
- As a thank you to everyone who has stopped in to read the blog - whether or not you enjoyed the free patterns from Moda or have sewn a stitch on a neighborhood block- we are sharing a free pattern for you today- it's my Standing Tree Block . This block has instructions to sew it in EITHER 6" or 12" finished sizes. I have included some photos of what we made here at the shop with this block. While the pictures we are showing you today are holiday themed - you could use any fabric to change up the feel of this block and create your own project. Anything from a mug mat to a bed size quilt - whatever makes you happy.
Thanks so much to everyone who joined us for the Be My Neighbor Quilt-A-Long. I look forward to all new things we will be a part of in the coming year. i hope you will join in when you can.
In the meantime, stay in touch, Make a Quilt and Enjoy the Sew!® - Carol
WAYS TO SHARE YOUR PHOTO with us:
- send your photo in an email to me : Carol@RockingChairQuilts.com
- post your photo on our Facebook page- CLICK HERE to get to the Facebook page.
- Tweet a photo @makeaquilt or tag us in your tweet @MakeAQuilt
- Post your photo on Instagram and tag us # rockingchairquilts
- If you live nearby you can pop in during SHOP HOURS and we'll take photo of your block for you.
SIGN UP HERE TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN A NEW BLOG POST IS PUBLISHED:
gallery of Be my neighbor quilts
uploads from participants
(you can click on each quilt to enlarge it)