• WELCOME BACK TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD • WEEK 13 •
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE BE MY NEIGHBOR QUILT-A-LONG
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD FOLKS AT MODA FABRICS / UNITED NOTIONS
- VISIT OUR BLOG EACH MONDAY TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE BLUEPRINT AND BUILD YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.
- THERE'S A PICTURE OF THE COMPLETE QUILT WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE SETTING PATTERN AT THE END OF THIS BLOG POST.
- IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE PATTERNS FOR BLOCKS ONE THROUGH ELEVEN YET, CLICK ON THE GREEN BADGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PATTERNS.
CLICK TO LIKE US☺
TO SEE PICTURES & NEWS OF:
GIVEAWAYS & PRIZES
TIPS & TUTORIALS
LOADS OF OTHER QUILTY FUN!
Are you quilting along with us?
If you're building your neighborhood we want to see your blocks too. If you'll share a photo of your block with us each week you could win a prize. Read how below:
READ ABOUT THE PRIZES:
- Each Monday come here to our blog get your free downloadable blueprint .
- Stitch up your house block.
- Share a picture of that week's completed house block with us by the following Sunday at 12 Noon (see below how to share a photo )
- We'll enter your name into a random drawing for a prize. Winner announced on the weekly Monday blog post along with the next pattern download.
- Every Monday we'll start fresh with a NEW house blueprint to download and a NEW contest to enter. You can send a photo from anywhere. if your name is chosen as a weekly winner we can ship prizes all over the world to our international friends too! - We are a global neighborhood☺
- When theFOURTEENTH week starts Monday DECEMBER 5th a new contest for a new prize will begin, then end the following Sunday at Noon, and sew on and sew forth, until the neighborhood is completed
HERE'S THIS WEEK'S BLOCK:
BLOCK 13 : tower house
A NEW WEEK HAS BEGUN AND WE HAVE A NEW PRIZE!
•THIS WEEKS GOODIES •
GET A PHOTO OF THIS WEEK'S HOUSE (BLOCK 13) TO ME BY SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4TH, AT 12 NOON AND
YOU'LL BE ENTERED FOR A CHANCE TO WIN THIS PRIZE: Minick & simpson's'Faithful' quilt kit and yardage for backing & binding from the featured collection. Frivol #2 features: •Polka Dots and Paisleys fabrics by Minick & Simpson•
NEIGHBORHOOD PHOTO GALLERY
UPLOADS OF BLOCK 13 FROM QUILT-A-LONG PARTICIPANTS
(you can click on each block to enlarge it)
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT
YOUR BE MY NEIGHBOR QUILT -FROM MODA:
- The finished quilt will measure 68″ x 84 1/2″.
- There are 16 blocks in the quilt top. The rows are separated by horizontal sashing strips.
- These are very scrappy blocks so exact yardage for a set number of fabrics has not been calculated. Mix your favorite Moda prints to create your colorful neighborhood!
16 House Blocks: Assorted Prints & Solids
Background and Sashing: 4 -1/2 yards
Borders: 1 – 1/4 yards
Binding: 2/3 yard
Backing: 4 – 3/4 yards
For a quilt using the same background for blocks, sashing and borders, you will need 5 – 3/4 yards total. For scrappy backgrounds, sashing and borders, allow for just a little bit more fabric.
SIGN UP HERE TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN A NEW BLOG POST IS PUBLISHED:
Now don't be daydreaming in your sewing room. Get your free pattern • get busy • then get a photo of your Block #13 to me by Sunday and you could win a nice prize!
Thanks for reading, You can use the comments area below to comment, or if you have any questions.
I am looking forward to seeing your Block 13 pictures - Carol