WELCOME BACK TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD • week 3
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE CLEVER FOLKS AT MODA FABRICS / UNITED NOTIONS
Visit our blog each Monday to download your free blueprint and build your neighborhood. There's a picture of the complete quilt at the end of this blog post. If you didn't get the free pattern download for BLOCKS ONE & TWO we've included them again here for you this week:
Are you quilting along with us? If you're building your neighborhood we want to see your blocks too.
If you'll share a photo of your block with us each week you could win a prize. Read how below.
Here's this week's block:
BLOCK THREE : Bird Bungalow
Here are our versions of BLOCK THREE that we've stitched at the shop:
NEIGHBORHOOD PHOTO GALLERY
UPLOADS OF BLOCK 3 FROM QUILT-A-LONG PARTICIPANTS
READ ABOUT THE PRIZES:
- Each Monday come here to our blog get your free downloadable blueprint .
- Stitch up your house block.
- Share a picture of that week's completed house block with us by the following Sunday at 12 Noon (see how to share a picture below)
- We'll enter your name into a random drawing for a prize. Winner announced on the weekly Monday blog post along with the next pattern download.
- Every Monday we'll start fresh with a NEW house blueprint to download and a NEW contest to enter. You can send a photo from anywhere. if your name is chosen as a weekly winner we can ship prizes all over the world to our international friends too! - We are a global neighborhood☺
- When the fourth week starts Monday September 26th a new contest for a new prize will begin, then end the following Sunday at Noon, and sew on and sew forth, until the neighborhood is completed.
•16 BLUEPRINTS •16 WEEKS •16 PRIZES•
We're not picking our favorite block photo, or looking for nice seams or anything like that. This isn't a sewing contest - it's a neighborhood of quilters sharing pictures of their projects and ideas. This is a FUN neighborhood we're building, such a happy place that the quilt police need never come down our streets, so don't stress about it - just let the construction begin.
Stitch up your block, snap a picture and send it off to us. The weekly winner will be chosen in a random drawing from all the people who shared a photo of that week's block with us - we just want to see your blocks so the weekly prize drawing is a way to thank you for sharing photos of your Be My Neighbor quilt blocks.
WAYS TO SHARE YOUR WEEKLY BLOCK PHOTO:
- send your photo in an email to me : Carol@RockingChairQuilts.com
- post your photo on our Facebook page- CLICK HERE to get to the Facebook page.
- Tweet a photo @makeaquilt or tag us in your tweet @MakeAQuilt
- Post your photo on Instagram and tag us # rockingchairquilts
- If you live nearby you can pop in during SHOP HOURS each week we'll take photo of your block for you.
PRIZE WINNER FROM WEEK 2
A RANDOM DRAWING WAS HELD AND THE WINNER FOR WEEK TWO IS Velma Tauriainen . CONGRATULATIONS VELMA! WE WILL GET YOUR package OF Junior jelly rolls SENT OFF TO YOu.
A NEW WEEK HAS BEGUN AND WE HAVE A NEW PRIZE TO OFFER. READ ON:
•THIS WEEKS GOODIES •
Hi neighbor, glad to see you here in the neighborhood. If you'd be so kind as to share a photo of your Block 3 with me, I will enter your name in a drawing for the prize for this week:
MODA FUN PACK
A mighty fun prize. Get a photo of this week's house (BLOCK 3) to me by Sunday September 25th at 12 Noon and you'll be entered for a chance to win this fab prize.
Now....push that foot pedal to the floor and sew like the wind. We're looking forward to seeing your new construction☺
General Information about your Be My Neighbor Quilt -from Moda:
- The finished quilt will measure 68″ x 84 1/2″.
- There are 16 blocks in the quilt top. The rows are separated by horizontal sashing strips.
- These are very scrappy blocks so exact yardage for a set number of fabrics has not been calculated. Mix your favorite Moda prints to create your colorful neighborhood!
16 House Blocks: Assorted Prints & Solids
Background and Sashing: 4 -1/2 yards
Borders: 1 – 1/4 yards
Binding: 2/3 yard
Backing: 4 – 3/4 yards
For a quilt using the same background for blocks, sashing and borders, you will need 5 – 3/4 yards total. For scrappy backgrounds, sashing and borders, allow for just a little bit more fabric.
So won’t you be our neighbor?
Thanks for reading,
You can use the comments area below to comment, or if you have any questions. I am looking forward to seeing your BIG BLOCK pictures this week.- Carol