The Versatile Moda Jelly Roll
Here are 10 ideas for Jelly Roll strips and scraps:
- Make strip sets for 9-patch blocks
- Make strip sets for 4-patch blocks
- Cut strips 4 1/2" long. Use with 2 1/2" squares (Moda Candy squares work great) to create scrappy Flying Geese blocks.
- Sew strips together for a scrappy back.
- Make "framed" 9-patch blocks (1 Jelly Roll strip is enough to frame a 6" finished 9-patch.
- Make a "coins" quilt using left over Jelly Roll pieces.
- Make Log Cabin blocks.
- Make piano key borders for a scrappy quilt.
- Make kitchen accessories: pot holders, place mats, mug rugs, or coasters.
- Make scrappy binding by cutting Jelly Roll strips into fourths and then sewing together as many pieces as needed for the length desired.
- ___________________________ Fill in # 11 with your own amazing JELLY ROLL TIP . Please enter your tip by commenting below: